Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Best Malayalam Movies of Recent Times!

A few years ago a post like this would have never existed in my blog! Don't get me wrong, but Malayalam movies were never my cup of tea & I would never recommend a Malayalam movie to any of my non Malayali friends! In the last 2-3 years there has been a total make over of the entire Malayalam film industry! When I first saw one of the 'new generation' Malayalam movies I walked out the theater in disbelief! I enjoyed the movie so much that I wanted to see it again! I told myself there could always be one exceptional movie in Malayalam! With high expectations I watched the next 'new generation' Malayalam movie & I was more than delighted! After watching much more than a few Fantastic Malayalam Movies recently I decided to give a standing ovation to the entire Malayalam Film Industry by recommending the best 5 Malayalam movies of recent times to everyone!! I have seen each of these movies several times & I would give them all a 5 star rating without a doubt!

Roma's Top 5 Best Malayalam Movies of Recent Times!

#1 Ustad Hotel (2012)



My favourite Malayalam movie of all times!! Everything about the movie is fantastic! My kids love this movie & I have lost count of the number of times we have seen it!!


#2 Ohm Shanthi Oshaana (2014)



Adorably cute movie! I particularly enjoyed the flash back as it was around the same time that I was completing my studies! The songs are absolutely fantastic!


#3 Thattathin Marayathu (2012)


Thattathin Marayathu holds the record for the most fantastic dialogs, music & songs!! I would call this movie the turning point in Malayalam cinema!


#4 Drishyam (2013)


The best plot EVER in a movie!!! Drishyam was the one movie that we all gave a standing ovation in the theater!
 

#5 Diamond Necklace (2012)


 An absolutely enjoyable movie that is taken very very well! Diamond Necklace is one of those evergreen family movies that you can see over & over again!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment